Friday, December 18, 2009

חנוכה שמח/Happy Chanuka!

Hey all,
Just a quick 1-second Happy Chanuka to all! Hope everyone's eighth night is full of light tonight, and may we all continue to bring light into each other's worlds throughout the year.

I'll send everyone a quick laugh. Rebecca, a friend from University of Michigan, is visiting from Amman before she moves to Bahrain for her Fulbright Fellowship research. So she just used my Skype to call her mom in New Jersey and was telling her all about her first Shabbat in Jerusalem, where my roommates and I observe Shabbat according to Jewish law (and I really have to get off the computer asap as time is running out). Anyway, the Skype connection went down, and then Rebecca called right back. Her mom said, "Oh, I thought they had turned all the electricity off!" So that's our fun inter-cultural lesson for the night: no, Israel doesn't turn off all the country's electricity on Shabbat!

More to come soon. חנוכה שמח!
אריק/Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment