Monday, January 4, 2010

My Dad is way cooler than the Cowboys' defense

As proud as I am of the resilient Dallas Cowboys, who after being written off as DOA in December, stormed back to win the NFC East, I am so much prouder of my dad for his continued fight--kicking cancer's butt every day! Please do keep up the prayers for Jerry/Yedidya ben Naomi though, as he recently found out that his chemotherapy will continue through March. We all thank you so much!

It goes without saying that my mom is also way cooler than a group of overpaid athletes. She has been such an incredible support for Dad through these many difficult months.

And as wired as I still am way past my bedtime by a thrilling Cowboys win, the highlight of the night was undoubtedly hearing Dad play his amazing new composition for baby Ben! Oh, and a Michigan hoops win over osu made for quite a sports day!

Speaking of babies, a couple weeks back, a Jewish life cycle of sorts was completed...I was thrilled to celebrate the brit milah/bris of my colleague Rakel's first grandson. It was especially joyous for me to celebrate with her family, after having attended her late father's funeral (my first in Israel) in Beit Shemesh early in 2009.

I've been working with Rakel and other staff from Shaare Zedek Hospital & Melabev in the field of elder care in Israel on this amazing Geriatric Study Tour, coming up Feb. 23-25. If any of my wonderful blog-readers could forward the link about the tour (http://www.melabev.org/posts/109?locale=en) to anyone you know in your communities (outside, as well as in Israel) who you think would be interested in participating, I would be enormously grateful. The tour has traditionally drawn a very diverse group of professionals in the field; this diversity is one of the keys to the program's success.

לילה טוב לכולם/Lila tov l'kulam/good night everyone!
אריק/Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment