Monday, September 30, 2024

Kick their tuchus

Nasrallah is dead. Kids in another neighborhood in my town heard the news, and immediately started spreading it by yelling that on the streets. My wife came home from synagogue on Shabbat, said she was bearing great news, and then shocked me and the kids. I nearly fell on the floor. It's as if the Jews had been the ones to kill Hitler. 

Deterrence.

Bibi and his cohort thought Hamas was deterred on October 6, 2023. In a country surrounded by enemies sworn to its destruction as part of their Jihad - holy war, all proxy puppets in the hands of the Iranian regime, only destroying them can amount to deterrence. The word just doesn't exist otherwise. This greatly complicates our nation's life in a region full of more bad actors than a soap opera. 

After watching Bibi's Channel 14 interview about 6 months ago, I got the sense between the lines of his responses that Hezbollah had deterred us. Thank G-d I was so very wrong!

The Biden doctrine to my eyes: Deter your allies. Urge them, "Don't win too much." The same thing seems to be going on in Ukraine. America - deterred by its enemies. It sure would be nice, despite the great inconvenience in an election year, for the administration to actually help us win. We seem to be fully capable of winning regardless. But with real support, fewer of my friends and neighbors would be getting wounded and killed. 

As someone from the home of the world famous Don't Mess with Texas ad campaign, I couldn't be prouder of my Israeli brothers and sisters, out there risking their lives and telling our enemies, DON'T MESS WITH US. You will not destroy us. We are, in fact, here to stay. We love life. We are better than you and your blind hatred. Your path is the wrong way. 

I'll sign off with a quote from my 3 kids today. An air force plane flew low, right over us. I said, "Go get em, boys." Then my delicious children, brainwashed beautifully by my lovely wife, all yelled to the skies, "Kick their tuchus!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment