Tuesday, October 1, 2024

All clear for the time being

 Thanks so much to everyone for reaching out and sending their prayers! We're fine, thank G-d.

We had a series of sirens in our town.

We heard a number of faint booms that sounded really far away - potentially impacts or interceptions, fainter than what we heard during Iran's previous aerial assault on my Dad's yahrtzeit - anniversary of his passing. 

On October 7 I heard medium-volume thuds before the early morning siren in my town - I thought our folding table had fallen over downstairs. Those I think were Iron Dome interceptions over a neighboring city. 

And my loudest boom in Israel was way back before we had Iron Dome in Be'er Sheva in March  2011. That lovely 5:30 am wake up, the first air raid siren I ever heard, landed in my neighborhood. 

As I titled this post, I recalled a Holocaust survivor with whom I worked in Jerusalem, who said she had waited for the All Clear message that she was used to from World War II. She waited for hours, cause she hadn't learned that here, we wait in the safe room for 10 minutes after the siren ends. 

My people have endured too much! But we are resilient and we will prevail, with G-d's help!

Here's to all of our forces, and the US forces, fighting tirelessly to keep us all safe! And here's to our allies fully supporting us instead of fecklessly trying to deter us. 

And here's to a phenomenal new Jewish year, 5785, starting tomorrow night. Peace and love y'all 

No comments:

Post a Comment